Mar 28th, 2011
Name: Jenny Flake
Kids: Mason and Brady
Occupation: Author of Picky-palate.com, Recipe Developer and Cookbook Author (2012)
Hometown: Orange County, CA
H&H Interview with Jenny:
1. What are your top three favorite recipes?
Tough choices, but as of now my 3 favorites are:
2. What are you reading (honestly)?
If I am being honest, I do not read much aside from reading the blogs of my friends.
3. What is your guilty pleasure when you get a break from the kids?
I LOVE going out to dinner and a movie with my husband and friends. I also love working out and I LOVE shopping.
4. What would we be surprised to find in your purse?
Too many things! I’ve always got snacks, water, and toys for my boys. You’ll also ALWAYS find my phone, my wireless charger and lipgloss.
5. What is your favorite reality TV show?
The Bachelor, hands down!
6. What is your cocktail of choice?
I do not drink alcohol, but have a major thing for Diet Coke.
7. What is the funniest thing your kids have said or done lately?
My 5 year old said, “Mom, why does your butt look bigger today?” I said, no comment, lol!
8. What is your favorite quotation?
“Life is Uncertain…..Eat Dessert First!”
9. What is your most dreaded household chore?
I despise laundry with a passion. The dishes are a close 2nd.
10. Who is your favorite celebrity mom and why?
Kelly Ripa because she is gorgeous, fit, funny and seems like a great mom.
11. What is one thing most people don’t know about you?
Before I started Picky Palate, I was a registered Dental Hygienist and a Pilates Instructor.
12. What is your secret to staying Hot & Healthy?
I try to incorporate exercise on a daily basis, even if it’s just 20 minutes on the treadmill or elliptical. I have to have good food in my life, so exercising is a must!
*Thanks, Jenny! Can’t wait to see the cookbook!*
Written by Lea Barlow • 5 Comments